The community of Ventura was founded along the west shore of Clear Lake’s shimmering waters in the late 1800’s.
A railway station was built in 1894. The first store building and first coal and elevator sheds were constructed in 1895.
A one-room schoolhouse was the site of Ventura’s first school system which began in 1897. The Volunteer Fire Department was organized in 1947. Ventura was incorporated in 1960. It has a population of over 670 residents.
Ventura supports its own school district, churches, commercial district, community center, and library. The community has volunteer fire and emergency services.
The community is a veritable paradise for the sportsman, with ready access to the lake, area wetlands, hunting grounds and surrounding parks. Ventura, “a small city on the move”.